Bulky Waste Code of Conduct
We have developed the Bulky Waste Code of Conduct to ensure that you receieve a great quality service no matter where you are in the UK!
• On arrival, our Bulky Waste official collection partners will always confirm the first eight characters of your Booking Reference number, so you’ll know you’re dealing with one of our authorised charity collection partners.
• Bulky Waste collection partners will always identify themselves and why they’re there – you can expect to hear the name of the agent, the company name and the fact that we’re there to collect your goods for recycling or furniture donation.
• Bulky Waste collection partners will not call at your property outside the time-slot you have arranged with us. If the collection needs to be rearranged for any reason, we’ll make sure you know about it.
Bulky Waste supports the government’s ‘Lock, Stop, Chain and Check’ campaign:
Lock: Keep your front and back doors locked, even when at home.
Stop: Before you answer, stop to think if you are expecting anyone. Look through the spy hole or the window to see who it is.
Chain: If answering the door, keep the bar or chain on while you are talking to the person on the doorstep.
Check: If someone who looks official calls at your door, always make some checks. Can they tell you exactly why they are there? Do their details match any prior correspondence? Don’t feel embarrassed about keeping the bar or chain on your door while you ask questions.
Only let callers in when you are absolutely sure they are genuine. Your safety and peace of mind are important to us, which is why Bulky Waste collection agents are happy to wait outside while you make checks.
• It’s our aim to provide you with a friendly, professional and efficient service at all times.
• We provide excellent service as standard. For this reason, our collection agents will never expect – or accept – gifts or tips.
• If we are unable to keep to the arranged time-slot for any reason, we will always let you know.
• We are an inclusive service and will always do our best to meet your needs – we’re happy to chat to you about how the Bulky Waste collection service can be improved.
• All Bulky Waste collection agents are happy to wear protective shoe covers in order to minimise the risk of damage to your home
• All Bulky Waste collection partners comply with The Waste Regulations 2011 and implement the waste hierarchy.
At Bulky Waste, we care about your views. If you have any comments, compliments or complaints we’d like to hear from you.
You can get in touch by phone on 01772 566556, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post: Bulky Waste, Essex Street, Preston, Lancashire, PR1 1QE