Terms & Conditions
These terms and conditions apply to all business transactions carried out by Bulky Waste Limited, hereinafter referred to as ‘Bulky Waste’.
I) The person applying for the collection of waste items from Bulky Waste is hereinafter referred to as ‘The Homeowner’.
II) The entity performing the collection on behalf of Bulky Waste as part of this agreement is hereinafter referred to as ‘Contractor’.
III) Your statutory rights are not affected.
- It is the sole responsibility of The Homeowner to ensure that all the correct details are entered onto Bulky Waste internet form and submitted or given to Bulky Waste representative at the time of requesting the collection service.
- Please note all telephone calls are recorded for future reference, training and your security.
- Under the Distance Selling Regulations Bulky Waste must notify you that the service we provide begins as soon as the collection is scheduled, subsequently the ‘cooling off period’ finishes 48 hours prior to collection after which time the transaction cannot be amended or cancelled and no refund can be given.
- Bulky Waste offers a discounted domestic waste disposal service, collections from business premises will be subject to a surcharge of £20.00.
- Bulky Waste reserves the right to add a premium for remote collections. In such circumstances the Homeowner will be contacted to confirm acceptance of the increased collection price and shall be given the option to cancel the collection.
- We regret that our contractor is not able to enter your property unless you are present and coordinate the entire collection. Upon entering your property you accept full responsibility and liability for any damage that may occur.
- All items must be ready to collect at the specified time and date. Items that are inaccessible or cannot physically fit through available doorways will not be collected. In such circumstances no refunds will be made.
- All collections are scheduled for 15 minutes to complete from arrival at the address given. In the event that the collection time exceeds 15 minutes due to inaccessibility, the homeowner not being present, item(s) requiring disassembly or inability to confirm collection reference number, Bulky Waste reserves the right to re-schedule the collection and charge up to 100% additional fee.
- Collections that exceed 15 minutes due to reasons caused by the homeowner will be charged at £10 per every 15 minutes spent on site or pro-rata.
- Collections vehicles must be able to park within 25 metres of the items to be collected.
- Bulky Waste contractors will not collect items that require handling up or down stairs without prior agreement between Bulky Waste and the Homeowner.
- We cannot make specific times for collection beyond AM or PM collection periods. If the Homeowner has selected the ‘call on way’ option at the time of booking, the Bulky Waste contractor will call at least 15 minutes prior to collection to confirm a more accurate collection time.
- Loose materials such as garden waste, bricks, tiles etc should be bagged or boxed for safe collection and to avoid excessive collection times and additional charges being made.
- All fridges/freezers must be empty.
- Hard core, concrete, rubble etc cannot be collected. We advise that a skip is hired from a company offering this service.
- Hazardous waste including corrugated asbestos sheet cannot be collected.
- The size/weight of items is restricted by what can be safely transported by two personnel.
- In the unlikely event that Bulky Waste are unable to make the collection, Bulky Waste will refund payment in full or re-schedule the collection at a mutually convenient time with The Homeowner.
- In no circumstances shall Bulky Waste be made responsible for any failed collections due to reasons beyond our control. In such cases any payment made shall be refunded in full, provided that the failure is through no fault of The Homeowner.
- Bulky Waste liability is strictly limited to a full refund only and no claims for damages, interest on money paid or any other expenses shall be entertained; whether or not Bulky Waste has been made aware of these items.
- Whilst every attempt is made to ensure the collection time on site does not exceed 15 minutes, Bulky Waste cannot guarantee any specific time period for the entire collection to be completed.
- All prices given exclude VAT unless otherwise indicated.
- In the event that The Homeowner is not present at the agreed time of collection, Bulky Waste shall retain the payment made to cover our administration costs.
- The Homeowner may pay any additional charges by credit card or debit card.
- In the event that The Homeowner fails to respond to Bulky Waste correspondence with regards to additional charges, Bulky Waste reserve the right to postpone the collection.
- No verbal conditions or guarantees expressed or implied shall have effect on these terms and conditions unless written and initialled by one of the Directors of Bulky Waste.
- Bulky Waste reserves the right to transmit all or part of the recorded telephone call to The Homeowner or a third party at our discretion, recordings remain the property of Bulky Waste at all times. Recordings are routinely kept for one calendar month; subsequently all queries should be brought to the attention of Bulky Waste within this period. At our discretion and subject to the above time constraint, Bulky Waste may supply a copy of a conversation to The Homeowner for a cost of £30.00.
- If any term, provision, covenant or condition of this agreement is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, void or unenforceable, the remaining provisions of this agreement shall remain in full force and effect and shall not be affected, impaired or invalidated.
- These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement between the parties in respect of the collection.
- This agreement shall be governed and constructed in accordance with English Law each party thereto submits to the jurisdiction of the English Courts.
For more information, please read our FAQ.
Return to Home page.